JAM 2010 is to be held on 2nd May 2010 (Sunday) in two sessions. The schedule for different test papers of JAM 2010 is given in the following table (Table 3). Each test paper will be of three hours duration.
Table 3: Test schedule for JAM 2010
|2nd May 2010, |
|I||9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon||Computer Applications (CA) |
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
|II||2:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.||Biotechnology (BT) |
Number of test papers allowed: A candidate can appear in either one or two test papers, subject to the restrictions imposed by the Test schedule (Table 3) and on payment of requisite additional fees for the second test paper, if applicable. Candidates desiring to appear in two test papers must ensure, from the Test schedule (Table 3), that there is no clash of time schedule for the chosen test papers.
The questions for Biotechnology and Computer Applications test papers will be fully objective type. These test papers have to be answered in an Objective Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening appropriate bubbles using black HB pencil. Since the ORS will be evaluated by electronic means, it is imperative that the instructions given on the ORS are carefully read and followed by the candidates.
All other test papers will be objective-cum-subjective type. There will be a "question-cum-answer booklet" for each of these six test papers. Answers to various questions are to be given at appropriate places in the "question-cum-answer booklet" itself. No supplementary sheet will be provided. In each of these six test papers, objective and subjective questions will carry weightages of 30% and 70% respectively.
The objective type questions in all the test papers will have four choices as possible answers, of which, only one will be correct. There will be negative marking for wrong answers to the objective type questions in all the test papers. For wrong answer to an objective type question, candidates will get negative 1/3 (negative one third) of the maximum marks assigned to that question.
- Use of logarithmic tables/calculator of any kind/ cellular phone/electronic gadgets is NOT permitted in the examination hall.
- All answers to the subjective type questions must be written in blue/ black/ blue-black ink only. Sketch pen, pencil or ink of any other colour is not permitted.
- The medium for all the test papers will be English only.
- Use of unfair means by a candidate in JAM 2010, whether detected at the time of test, evaluation or at any other stage, will lead to cancellation of his/her candidature as well as disqualification of the candidate from appearing in JAM in future.
- Disclosure of identity in any form, such as writing registration number or name inside the question-cum-answer booklet, making any kind of distinguishing marks, may lead to disqualification of the candidate.